Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Waxing Moon & Dancing Leaves

Today we enter into the Waxing Half Moon in Capricorn according to my We'Moon 2012 book.  That means it will be a good time to hang on to your Oak Bach Flower essences http://pixiedusthealing.blogspot.ca/2012/10/bach-flower-oak-for-feeling-hollow.html.

The waxing moon is a time of strong energy. According to Lucy Harmer in "Shamanic Astrology, http://pixiedusthealing.blogspot.ca/2012/07/book-review-shamanic-astrology.html   it is a time to focus on the change needed to bring potential to reality.  There is a force in the waxing moon that helps propel projects and get things up and running. It's a time of building energy towards change.

It would seem the Capricorn aspect reinforces that ambition. Capricorn energy is very project and goal orientated. It's about setting objectives, building foundations, organizing for action, and accomplishing tasks. The caution in all that forceful manifesting energy, is to enjoy being as well as doing, and to let others manage themselves. Hmm....

Shamanic Astrology refers to the time period between September 23 and October 22nd as the "Month of the Dead Leaves".  When I first discovered that in Harmer's book, I thought that sounded pretty depressing and a wee bit negative. Dead leaves doesn't really sound like a good thing to me, and visions of the Bach Flower Mustard http://pixiedusthealing.blogspot.ca/2011/10/gloomy-jewels-and-bach-flower-mustard.html were circling in my mind. I guess it's just a matter of focus and perspective.

I don't want to focus on the dead leaves, I'd much rather think about the dancing leaves. In my opinion that's what leaves do in the fall.  They don't plop themselves down from the branches to just lay quietly on the forest floor.  They swirl and dance and pirouette and dive. They swoop and travel great distances before they settle anywhere.  The leaves along the side of the road really seem to get caught in the energy of the vehicle movement and they dance in and out in almost a taunting, daring dance with cars and people's feet. Just when you think they've landed and found a final resting place, a gust of wind or some unseen force will blow things all around again and they are off on another adventure.  I don't think the disconnection from the tree branch is a loss. I think it is a release. I don't think autumn leaves are dieing nearly so much as they are living.  I think they have been waiting for this chance to go off on their own all spring and summer long.  This is their journey and that's what they focus on far more than the destination.

So, I'd like to call this time period "Month of the Dancing Leaves" and focus on the energy of the journey and of  the "being", more than the "doing" or the goal accomplishment of arriving at the destination. There will be time for celebrating when goals are reached but in the meantime, I'd like to enjoy the energy of release, the freedom of not yet picking a resting spot.

There's a verse in Sydney Carter's "Lord of the Dance" song ( a pretty popular Celtic sounding  hymn in my part of the world often played at funerals actually) that feels like the energy of dancing fall leaves to me:
They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the Life that'll never, never die!
I'll live in you if you'll live in Me -
I am the Lord of the Dance, said He!
Celebrate the dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment