Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dragonfly signs


I was going to post something about dragonflies a couple of days ago but couldn't find a good picture. Yesterday this one "came to me" via a friend so I took it as a sign to talk about the significance of seeing dragonflies. They were all around me this summer, particularly when I talked to a friend of mine on the phone.

In Daniel Mapels "Into the Wild", he says dragonflies are considered "masters of illusion" They signify support when traveling between dimensions or when opening to spiritual energies. The message you might be getting if seeing or drawn to dragonflies is to consider personal illusions that may be blocking your growth and development. Dragonflies may be appearing to help facilitate your spiritual expansion.

As a kid I was terrified of dragonflies for some reason that I could never explain. My mother, the teacher, made me look up dragonflies in the encyclopedia (boy that's a sentence that reveals my age!!). She figured if I could research them and realize they didn't bite or sting I would feel better. It didn't help. I'm not sure when I "made peace" with the dragonflies or why I was unnerved by them, but I welcomed them this summer. Maybe I have had achieved some level of "spiritual expansion" that now makes us buddies. I think I'll hold to that thought and just enjoy them!

On the other hand, there is a Bach flower essence that might have been helpful to me instead of the research method when I was hysterically afraid of their presence. Mimulus is the Bach flower essence indicated for "fear from known things". It is helpful for fears such as illness, death, accidents, the dark, poverty, other people, public speaking, loss of friends or job, snakes, spiders (and dragonflies!) etc. etc. Mimulus types are often shy, can be prone to blushing easily, or display nervous laughter. Mimulus can help you stand up for yourself with your emotions under control so you can enjoy life.

So here's to the Internet versus encyclopedias,Mimulus versus hysteria and dragonflies wherever they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment